Monday 7 October 2013

My monologue

Here we go again.

Same old, same old. Every day. I dread getting home. Home? It’s not a ‘home’. It’s a house. A place to live. No. Not even live. Survive. A place to survive.

Why do I make the effort? I give up. He's so distant. Constantly. The fights. Endless battles. Screaming. Swearing. Punching. Kicking. Cuts. Bruises. All of it.

It’s not just physical. It’s the mentality that comes with it. “You’re disgusting” he says. “You’re not good enough” he says. Well not directly. I know that’s what he’s thinking. I can tell. The look in his eyes. Nothing. Just emptiness. It’s as if he has been drained of all emotion. He isolates me. Cuts me off. From family. Friends. everyone.

How do I escape? When he loves me. And I love him. There is no other option. Nowhere else to go. No other way. I’ve tried. But then the threats start. Or even worse, the bribes. “I do it because I love you”. “We’ll go out tomorrow night, I’ll make it up to you” how can somebody justify their actions, with that? How!? He repulses me. But at the same time, I feel sorry for him. He must feel pretty low in himself, to do this to me, right? I mean, nobody in their right mind could even… I don’t know. I’m not a psychiatrist. It must be my fault.

I can’t do this anymore. I need to get away.


Style Model: http://www.monologuearchive.com/w/walker_001.html

Use of:
-Lists
-Short sentences throughout
-Imperatives
-Contractions

No comments:

Post a Comment